Please fill out the volunteer application at the bottom of the page after reading the following information:
Thanks for considering being a volunteer for InCON. We are very excited about providing the Comox Valley with a convention that offers a variety of ‘geeky’ things to experience. And we’re looking for volunteers who will share that passion and excitement, too. As a ‘thank you’, volunteers receive a single day pass that they can use during the hours they are NOT volunteering, for each volunteer shift that they do. This pass is NOT transferable.
- Even though the convention will be a whole pile of fun, we still take it very seriously. Volunteers will be representing InCON and must conduct themselves accordingly, whether they are working prior to, during, or after the event.
- Volunteers will be expected to commit to their shifts lasting a minimum of 4 – 6 hours for EACH day of the convention.
- Each volunteer section will have its own orientation prior to the convention, all volunteers must attend their relevant orientations. In addition, there will be a Safety and Security briefing that all volunteers must attend.
- All volunteers working on-site the at the convention must also participate in the building orientation.
- Volunteers should familiarize themselves with the convention schedule, particularly in their area but not limited to that.
- Volunteers will be expected to assist convention attendees, sponsors, artists, vendors, guests, etc. or if unable to assist them directly, be able to get someone who CAN.
The Production Team and Organizing Committee have been busy planning the con, here are specific Volunteer Job Descriptions that will be required.
The Following Areas still require Volunteers:
- Board Game Assistant
- Coat Check
- Food Concession Worker
- Kid’s Fair Game Station Attendant
- Panel Moderator/Coordinator
- Retro Gaming Assistant
- Runner (FFC or NSH)
- Set-up (Friday night and Saturday morning) and Tear-down (Sunday evening)